Housewarming Love

Hi, lovelies!

This weekend was a wonderful one. The weather was fabulous, especially for an Oklahoma winter, and we had our first housewarming party with my side of the family. My grandma cooked Mexican food (yummo beef and chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice), and my Aunt Bea made guacamole, salsa and cream cheese dip, and spinach dip. All of the food was delicious (Mexican food is my fave), and I ate copious amounts of all of it. After everyone had their fill of food, we explored the outside of the house so that my great-aunts could exclaim over every little thing, such as the storm cellar (“Oh, how nice!”), the unfinished pole barn (“Well, look at this, Phyllis!” “Oh, yes, Louise, we need one of these!”), and the open pasture (“How preeetty!”). Mom learned how to drive the tractor, and the guys checked out the pond. Once everyone was reassured that the outside of the house was up to par, we headed back inside to eat cake.


Can I just talk about something here? Seriously, aside from popcorn, chocolate birthday cake that you get from the Wal-Mart or Reasor’s bakeries is the best thing that has ever happened to this earth. Sounds silly, but I LOVE that chocolate cake. I love the moist cakey part. I love the too-sweet buttercream icing that comes in all different colors and stains your teeth. I love that there is always enough left over to eat for a week straight and to add about forty inches to my waistline. And, obviously, I love it enough to devote an entire paragraph to it on my blog. [End obsessive cake rant.]


So, we all headed back inside to eat cake.. Glorious, delicious, chocolatey cake. Oh, I’m sorry. I’m really done talking about it. Then we opened gifts. Adam, because he is spoiled, was a bit bummed because all we got was “woman” stuff; kitchen goodies, bath towels, and more kitchen goodies. He’ll get over it. Overall, it was a lovely afternoon, and we were so happy to have family over to see our new place. I now know why it’s called a “housewarming” party. Having everyone there immediately made the house feel like home, and we really enjoyed it.


Here are a couple of highlights:

The cake. It said "Home Sweet Home" and featured a mini John Deere since Adam just bought one. So cute.


Here’s me holding my beloved cake, while my bestie, Valorie, is teaching my Pappy how to photobomb. Probably the funniest moment of the day and one reason I completely adore Valorie. 


Here is Pappy photobombing all by himself. 


My beautiful new Kitchen Aid mixer, complete with fingerprints, a gift from my parents.

Me making awkward faces (this is the best picture; I promise the others were much worse) while my handsome husband sits there in a fancy cutoff shirt being charming and probably secretly regretting marrying such an awkward person. Just kidding. He adores me and all of my awkward ways. Oh, and for the record--he wasn't supposed to make it to the party because he was moving stuff. Otherwise, I'd have had him in at least a short-sleeved t-shirt. Sheesh.


The sun is supposed to shine all week long, and I plan to bask in it as much as I can. Hope you have a great week!

xoxo,
Bekah

Comments