Introducing...

Welcome to my blog, Love in the Country! 

I'm starting this blog for a few different reasons. What probably gave me the most incentive is that I graduated college with an English degree last May, and for the first time in my life, I am not writing on a regular basis. It was nice to take a break, and not stress about fulfilling writing requirements and meeting assignment deadlines, but I have found that I really miss it. Blogging isn't the type of writing that I have been used to doing, but I am excited to get back into the swing of it in some form. My goal is to post at least twice a week, even if it's a short post about my latest music or food obsessions. Even if no one reads this, I will be happy to get my thoughts down on paper. Or, um, screen. (Plus I can write sentences like that last one and no one will care!)

Another reason I'm finally joining the blogging world is to document my life and all of its ordinary, beautiful moments. I think this will help me look at life more closely and see the magic in everyday moments, which I'm excited to do. I have always been terrible at keeping a diary or journal, but I think this will be a little different, not to mention I can post pictures super easily.

I am also hoping that my family and friends will visit this blog from time to time and that it will be an easy way to connect with them and keep them updated. It's easy to forget to do that when things get busy.

Lastly, my wonderful husband of three years (I know people always say that about their spouses--I hope--but seriously, he is more than I could ask for) and I just bought our first house. It's an adorable little house on ten acres with woods and a pond, and we love it. I was raised in a small town, but have never been more than 5 minutes from a Wal-Mart, so I'm excited to see how it'll be living in the country. I'm sure there are lots of people who wouldn't call our place "country," but it's definitely out there for me. I hope to post pictures and write about making our house into a home. 

Thank you for reading! I am so excited about this little blog, and hope you'll enjoy it.

xoxo,
Bekah

Comments