Happy Campers

*This has been in my Drafts folder for a while & today's warmer weather has me missing summer.*

Several weeks ago, Adam and I went camping. I am not much of an outdoorsy person, but Adam totally is, so I packed my little suitcase (you never know what you'll need!) and went along for the ride. We didn't go to an actual camping ground. Instead, we just drove along public land on a creek bank until we found a good spot. The good thing about that was how secluded and quiet it was. The bad thing about that was how there were no bathroom facilities. Zip. Zero. Zilch. I was about 15 weeks pregnant. Not the greatest idea! However, we were only about 30 minutes from home, so I knew that if I got really sick, we could just head on back. Things went mostly well until about halfway through the second day. It got a little hotter than we expected, which added to my nausea, so we had to cut the trip a little short. Other than that, it was a fun time! We took the kayaks out, roasted marshmallows, and were entertained by a friendly fox. With our lives so focused on preparing to bring Annie home lately, we've been trying to make extra effort to focus on each other and do things that will be a little harder with a baby around next year. It was so nice to be away from cell phone towers and civilization in general and spend some time together.





Comments